Tuesday, November 3, 2015

This Wall

My office is like an explosion of color, toys and crazy kid stuff.  Sometimes adults walk in and cannot handle the sensory overload, but...I love it! 




 This is just a little taste of my world... :)
I love that kids can come to my office and not feel out of place.  I have blown bubbles in my office, played sticker games, talked serious family stuff with kids, talked about Jesus, held small groups and just hung out with kids here.  

But my favorite wall in my office is right next to my desk.
  This is what is looks like...




This wall is where I hang some of the pictures
 kiddos color or draw for me. 

This wall is where my favorite encouragements come from. 

This wall is where I post verses that I either LOVE or 
that I NEED to see often. 

 This wall is where kids and friends 
plaster sticky note encouragements for me.  

This wall is always changing and growing.

  I need this wall.  

Kidz Ministry is draining.  I love it, but it does drain ya.  Kids are needy!  They NEED to know they are loved.  They NEED to know that God is there for them...over and over and over again.  They NEED to have hugs.  They NEED your attention.  
It's easy to get caught up in what's happening in the kid's world, what is happening to them, what the next special night is at Kidz Club, what the next theme is in Kidz Church.  It's easy to be fully overtaken by the need and the programs.  It's easy to get lost in what is on the schedule.  It's easy to get lost in the kidz ministry world.

That's why one of the verses on "my wall" is 
 2 Corinthians 4:18.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  
Fix your eyes.  That means they stay there and don't wander.  What your eyes are fixed on is the most important thing in the world.  If we remember to fix our eyes on Jesus, not on what is around us, we won't get lost or caught up in what is happening.  And then, we can truly minister to what is around us!  
We will begin to see it through Jesus Vision!  
As teachers, helpers, kids ministry leaders...if we fix our eyes on Jesus, if we REALLY fix our eyes on Him...what do you think will happen in our ministries????  
Possibilities are endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment