Friday, August 28, 2015

School and Prayer...Hand in Hand

This Sunday will be the last, before all the kids in our church will all be headed back to school!  Schools are so different today than back in the dark ages when I attended.  Kids face pressures that we as adults today, struggle to fully understand.  Pressures from teachers, parents (even when we as parents don't mean to apply un-needed pressure) and from other kids.  Bullying is at an all time high, even though schools outwardly oppose and attempt to put a stop to it.  When I ask the kids in my ministry for prayer requests pertaining to school, bullying is always top of the list.
With that being said, it's so very important to really cover the kids in our ministries in prayer!  And to let them know that they can ask for prayer when they need.  Kids need to know that they, too, can pray whenever and wherever they are!  Teaching them that prayer doesn't live in a box, that they can talk to God when they need, is the ultimate tool for school.

I would love to send the Kidz Church kiddos back to school with some kind of awesome "goodie" (what Kidz Ministry person DOESN'T wanna splurge on the kids!! )  BUT...budgets, you know... 
I wanted to send the kids off with a specific verse this year, and remind them of one of our Kidz Ministry Core Truths (more on them in another post!). 
 "Trust God-He is always there for me. 
 No matter where I am, God is with me. 
 I can trust Him with every part of my life."  
And the verse- Joshua 1:9.  SO...I created labels on my computer and attached them to pencils with colorful eraser toppers (thank you back to school sales!)  
I think the kids will like them!  I'm looking forward to Sunday, giving these to the kiddos to remind them that God goes with them to school, and praying for them, and with them before they head back to school!!  Take time to pray with your kids this week!  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment